Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
On today’s show, Mary Heitmeyer from Chef DuJour shares her amazing and favorite holiday recipes. Plus, Paddy Rasmussen from New Beginnings, Halil Hodzic from Inex Creative Floors, and Ary Papago of Papagno’s Marble & Granite.
Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiling-hot water – I add chicken stock, garlic, and diced red onion in the boiling process
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 3 bunches)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces – I use petite cut garlic & olive oil canned tomatoes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber*, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together bulgur and 1 tablespoon oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over, then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
- Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, including 2 tablespoons oil, until combined well.
- These long, narrow cucumbers are often marketed as “European” and are usually sold in plastic wrap to protect their thin, delicate, unwaxed skin.